At L3, success is defined by our ability to meet our customers' needs. That's why every part of our business is focused on quick and agile response, innovative thinking and a relentless commitment to getting the job done. For more than a decade, L3 has delivered superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout the world. As a top ten defense contractor in the world, we know the critical role our products and services play in the protection and defense of freedoms worldwide. We take our responsibility very seriously, and we are privileged to support our customers and the men and women who get the job done.
L3 Technologies is looking for a self-motivated, high energy, team player with excellent development and communication skills to run day-to-day operations in our modeling and simulation center. The candidate will support a small team of simulation developers and perform a wide variety of tasks, including, but not limited to, daily execution of simulation suite. Interact with IT and security teams. Must be flexible and willing to change direction on a moment's notice.
Location: Burlington, MA with some travel (est. 10%).
* Test, maintain, and continuously improve software capabilities
* Day-to-Day Operation of Modeling and Simulation Center
* Execute baseline simulation suite
* Configure and manage video wall configurations
* Maintain functionality of touch table interface and virtual pilot console
* Maintain configuration of model and icon library
* Maintain hardware and software configuration
* Collaborate with simulation engineering team
* A current Secret government security clearance is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
* More than 5 years' experience in software installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
* Experience developing test tools and test scripts for automated testing for simulation systems
* Run tests, analyze results, and report issues found
* Familiar with version control/configuration management systems and defect tracking software
* Develop and publish detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Flight simulation experience a plus
* Experience with the following software packages/environments:
* Windows 10, Server, multiple flavors of Linux
* Scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl)
* Atlassian Jira, Jira Agile
This position can be hired at either a Level 3 or Level 4 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.