As a Software Infrastructure Engineer on Engines Avionics, you will gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and provide support for a state-of-the-art core infrastructure system that meet the needs of the engineering teams to deploy, test, and verify software or hardware. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of the development lifecycle from design to verification of high performance real-time embedded systems and the associated hardware. The scope of this position includes build systems, deployment tools, and supporting infrastructure for code generation, verification, software-in-the-loop (SIL), and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL). This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Author, design, improve and maintain tooling to be used in the software development lifecycle
* Exercise high degree of responsibility for build automation, continuous integration, configuration management, verification, deployment of software
* Actively identify and eliminate issues by implementing robust software and hardware solutions
* Continuously improve our internal infrastructure, tools, and processes.
* Integrate commercial, open-source, and custom solutions across our platform.
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to develop tools and workflows supporting advanced spaceflight systems.
* Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to make things better.
* 5+ years of software development experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++, Python, C# or Rust.
* Experience with build, test, and deployment automation.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs.
* Experience writing and testing your own software.
* Passionate about providing internal support to other developers, enabling them to work faster and better.
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* DevOps experience.
* Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, Jenkins, REST APIs, databases, networks, compiler toolchains, scripting languages, and source code management systems.
* Experience building and maintaining test labs with diverse target hardware and devices.
* A strong bias and intuition for good UI/UX design
* Experience with Rust.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.