The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background and experience with hardware and firmware interaction.
Are you intersted in roles as a Surface Driver Developer / Surface Driver Development or Surface Firmware developer / Surface Firmware Development working with WDF, WDM, UMDF or KMDF
* BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
* Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
* Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
* Experience with developing systems firmware for embedded processors / microcontrollers
* Knowledge of working in and with Unified Embedded Firmware Interface (UEFI)
* Practical demonstrated experience working with and debugging hardware/firmware interaction during board bring-up and component upgrade.
* Ability to debug systemic issues and hardware as well as software problems.
* Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
* Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding low-level drivers, tools and firmware in embedded systems. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.