Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a candidate with software engineering leadership to define and engage activities that support strategic business operational and transformational changes within the Software Engineering Center to improve efficiencies. The Software Engineering Center Tools Team Leader will report directly to Software Center Strategic Operations manager and will be a member of the Software Center Strategic Operations team. The selected candidate will be a proven leader and change agent capable of driving fundamental changes in how the Software Center executes on programs. This is a technical leader position capable of not only leading a team
of change agents but also capable as an individual contributor.
The Software Center Tools team is charged with maintaining, prototyping and developing new tooling that supports a common reference architecture toolchain for rapid deployment to programs. Tasking includes the planning for development of a Software Factory that addresses elements of the Tools, People and Process required to enable software development maturity, efficiency, and quality.
The candidate will be able to effectively engage with teams to positively influence the overall software development organization. As a software leader, the candidate will be responsible to execute an assortment of diagnostic activities to characterize current state Software Center operational performance and develop/execute enrichment plans.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-discipline, agile and continuous integration environment.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in leading software development activities of complex military software systems or equivalent experience such as an Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Project Management role with strong knowledge and experience in Software development
* Minimum 6 years of experience developing in C/C++, other High Order Languages and Machine/Assembly languages
* Experience working within an Agile or Scrum team framework
* Experience with modern SW tools for Collaboration/Planning, Version control, Build, Test, Monitor, and Automation.
* Ability to provide Engineering leadership and utilizing key principles with Agile methodologies and DevOps environments
* Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate individuals and teams to maximize their productivity
* Ability to effectively engage a collaborative, multi-discipline environment that produces and maintains deliverable products across geographic and programmatic boundaries to meet key milestones
* Strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related curriculum
* Experience working with senior customer leadership (internal and external) to understand their needs and provide technical support to the customers and stakeholders
* Technical leadership through all phases of the development cycle from pre-acquisition studies, system requirement generation, contracting, system requirements review, design review, factory and site testing, and deployment
* Certified Scrum Master
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment architectures
* Experience applying Risk Managed Framework (RMF) 139580 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.