Software Manager- Unified Agile Platform
Unified Agile Platform is a homegrown suite of productivity tools for engineering and product management. It has high visibility within Wayfair and used daily by thousands of users internally. The contributions from this team are impactful across the board. What we build directly affects the productivity of groups within Wayfair that are responsible for Product, Engineering, Analytics, Design, Front-end and QA with daily active user count upwards of 4000 employees and growing. There is a great full-stack engineering team behind this system, spearheading development and inclusion of new capabilities related to Agile processes, Road-mapping, Capex and Time logging. The team also builds and maintains integrations with other internal and third-party systems such as deploy, Git, review tools, QA and more through internal and public APIs. We primarily work on a tech stack consisting of GraphQL, PHP and SQL on the server-side and React.js, Redux, CSS on the client-side. The team does significant work on both; the front-end and back-end, with a number of large architectural challenges on the horizon. Given our lofty goals, we're looking for someone who is looking to move fast and tackle a diverse set of challenges.
What You'll Do
* Be a hand-ons engineering manager for a growing team with an emphasis on KPI driven development, resource allocation, work prioritization and creating cross-functional influence.
* Ability to align with current industry standards related to techstack and domain knowledge.
* Partially devote their capacity towards writing maintainable and performant code using PHP, GraphQL, MSSQL, React, Redux and CSS.
* Design and architect robust performant software solutions that align towards business objectives.
* Active participation in peer code reviews; design, implement, and document services/queries to expose data to internal and external teams.
* Work as part of Agile scrum team, communicating frequently and being self-motivated.
* Create a growth path for direct reports within the team and create a healthy atmosphere for their success.
* Co-writing your team's roadmap, in collaboration with product managers, other engineers on your team, and various stakeholders.
* Contributing to conversations about shared architecture, and how we can improve it.
* Running point on large projects, and making sure the engineering voice is heard among all the teams contributing to a single project.
* Challenge existing architectural standards, scrum mechanics, code quality, and advocate for improvements.
* Be a mentor for junior engineers on the team.
What You'll Need
* You have 4+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer and have a good understanding of web technology stack and MVC best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 6+ years of equivalent industry experience
* Experience working with automated builds (such as Jenkins) and practical knowledge on CI & deploy.
* Experience with GraphQL is a huge plus.
* You learn together and focus on facts and data to drive decisions.
* You're a craftsperson that takes pride in the craft of software engineering.
* You care about the end user satisfaction. At the end of the day, we're creating meaningful capabilities for our internal users. It's not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but rather, working together to figure out what exactly what our users need and delivering it.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.