Azure Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field! The Azure IoT Solutions team provides a compelling and competitively advantageous, globally scalable, multi-tenant SaaS platform to simplify the digital transformation for our customers.
The team is looking for a hands-on, experienced technical leader who wants to shape the future where billions of smart devices autonomously connect to Azure IoT and deliver compelling compute at the Edge. The ideal candidate will be highly customer driven and responsible for enabling generic gateway devices, patterns and connectivity from simple sensors and actuators that barely have enough memory to run an operating system to full-scale industrial gateways.
* 8+ years of commercial software development experience
* 4+ years of experience leading engineering teams through all phases of the development cycle
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
* Experience with high scale services
* Excellent technical problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
* Experience developing applications on cloud platforms
* Working knowledge of security best practices, operating system and networking security principles
* Demonstrated ability of leading by influencing and working effectively cross-group
* Ability to attract and retain diverse talent to help grow the team
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The candidate will be responsible for driving the integration with Azure IoT Edge involving module authoring, development and management experience and fascinated by the endless possibilities by embedding technology into physical things. The ideal candidate will enjoy seeing a direct impact of their work on real customer use cases, self-motivated and self-driven with the passion to tackle challenging and ambiguous areas and the ability to work in a fast-paced evolving environment.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.