Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing cloud computing business within Amazon. AWS Kumo is an engineering organization, making it easier for AWS customers to bring their workloads to the cloud. We use automation and the combination of AI and high judgement humans to proactively support AWS customers in their cloud journey.
Our strategy for reducing friction for AWS customers, involves looking around corners and providing proactive recommendations to: a) resolve break-fix issues, b) reduce billing and account pain and c) solve frequently encountered technical blockers.
We are looking for a strong engineer leader to take on this business problem and show measurable results. This person will have the responsibility to:
* Define and drive the multi-year vision customer recommendations.
* Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
* Work closely with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across the company to influence product development to support or enhance products.
* Build relationships with existing and potential internal customers to understand their requirements and demonstrate how products can add value to their business.
* Work with Project Managers to add new features to roadmaps, prioritize them, and facilitate delivery on requirements and functional specifications.
* Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
* Using Agile project management methodologies, and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for multiple projects that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming, C++, Perl and Java.
* Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers and project managers, including hiring recommendations, and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
* Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
* Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
* Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, management chain and with customers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.