Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. We're creative builders solving complex business problems by engineering the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
As Senior Manager / Architect, you will own one of our core platform teams and will be expected to (i) architect solutions at scale to empower the business, (ii) work with product management to ensure timely delivery of core features / functionality, (iii) take operational ownership of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time / reliability and (iv) develop junior engineers and build an engaged team in addition to a successful platform.
You'll be able to not only see your team's work as it powers improved customer understanding / experience or enables new features and functionality in our ad tech stack, but drive the vision and execution of that work as a cornerstone of the department's overall success.
* BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, other Engineering discipline or Data Science, with eight (8) years experience in software development
* Experience with big data, streaming technologies and / or RESTful web service development
* Java and / or Python experience preferred
* Additional experience in product management / business facing roles a plus
* Entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to own a part of Wayfair's success, absolutely required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
* Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
* Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
* AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
* Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
* Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.