Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
CSE/Modern Enterprise Services for Hosting/Cloud Experience Automation and Analytics (CEAA), is a strategic team that provides hybrid Azure experiences to our end users across the company as well as automation and analytic solutions to propel the MESH forward in new ways. The main cloud experience service we provide is Virtual Machine Acquisition Server (VMAS), which is the front end of the largest private cloud solution running on Azure and private clouds inside and outside of Microsoft. The team also focuses on making the right automation investments to move the Managed Lab Services operations team to new levels with modern engineering moving away from manual processes. If you are passionate about making your Microsoft peers and Microsoft customers successful come be a part of the team that does this day in and day out with a customer first obsession.
* 7+ years of professional software development experience
* Real passion for bringing value and modern solutions
* A love of leading people, building an incredible team, and cultivating a community of inclusion and respect
* Exceptional skill at working across teams and divisions, with a history of building positive partnerships between groups
* The mindset to strive in an agile environment where your work changes rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
* A strong performance history
* 2+ years of leading development teams
* Experience with building automated test suites for unit, acceptance and Q/A testing
* Ability and desire to pick up new platforms and excel on them
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Ultimately responsible for engineering work and quality on Cloud Experience Automation and Analytics objectives.
* Lead a team of engineers, providing technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and careers.
* Manage team backlog and dependencies by working closely with partners across PM, Design, and Business disciplines.
* Build a mature team in true to form DevOps to reduce all unknowns and simplify all deliverables which can be operationally supported and easy to use.
* Drive a customer-focused strategy that leverages experimentation to make the right long-term product trade-offs.
* Participate in and contribute initiatives toward building a healthy and inclusive team culture where everyone can participate and contribute in an authentic way.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.