Req #: 190055396
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
This position is in Chase Mortgage Banking Technology. The Agile Team Member is responsible for the technical design,
development, testing, automation engineering, and deployment of technology solutions that meet stated business and
system functional requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards. They will work closely
with subject matter experts from the business, IT project managers, application developers, and User Acceptance Testers
to deliver high-quality database reporting solutions to the Mortgage business.
The Agile team member's primary responsibilities will be to review and recommend data modeling approaches, develop
SSIS packages, ab Initio, Java Spark ETL processes, and advanced SQL Server stored procedures into automated/
functional processes during sprints. You will work closely with our technology partners in Business, Development and Quality
Assurance to ensure that what we build validates the business intent of the product. The successful candidate will
possess a strong engineering background and a working knowledge of automated agile methodologies. The successful
candidate will also possess skills necessary to ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit, acceptance
and regression tests with a focus on early automation.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Proficiency in modern programming languages
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* 5+ Years of experience in database design and implementation
* SQL Server, advanced stored procedures & SSIS package development
* Developing test strategies, test plans based on functional specifications, use cases, and business requirements
* Estimation of work based on effort and complexity
* Proficiency in Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint is required
* Documenting and analyzing workflows & use cases, business rules, prototyping, data mapping & data modeling
The subject areas in which our team operates (and on which you would be expected to acquire proficiency on), are:
* Accountable resource in providing analytical data expertise based on application and process knowledge to recommend solutions that meet the business need.
* Defines and assists development with designing technology based solutions to meet business requests within established technology frameworks.
* Provides estimates based on work effort and application knowledge.
* Experience in researching and resolving data process issues
* Domain knowledge in US Mortgages and Banking & Finance Services.
* Strong experience working in Agile methodologies and SCRUM execution
* Experience in leading technical projects in Development team
* Good communication skills
* Experience working with geographically diverse team and coordinating with developers at diverse locations
* Technical skills in Oracle Databases, Teradata & Unix
* Experience with Agile SDLC methodology
* Automation scheduling experience with Control-M
* ETL extraction using Ab Initio, Spark, Hadoop
* Data Modeling using ERwin
* Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.