JP Morgan Chase
Req #: 190055382
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
This position is in Chase Mortgage Banking Technology. The Agile Team Member is responsible for the technical design,
development, testing, automation engineering, and deployment of technology solutions that meet stated business and
system functional requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards. They will work closely
with subject matter experts from the business, IT project managers, application developers, and User Acceptance Testers
to deliver high-quality database reporting solutions to the Mortgage business.
The Agile team member's primary responsibilities will be to review and recommend data modeling approaches, develop
SSIS packages, ab Initio, Java Spark ETL processes, and advanced SQL Server stored procedures into automated/
functional processes during sprints. You will work closely with our technology partners in Business, Development and Quality
Assurance to ensure that what we build validates the business intent of the product. The successful candidate will
possess a strong engineering background and a working knowledge of automated agile methodologies. The successful
candidate will also possess skills necessary to ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit, acceptance
and regression tests with a focus on early automation.
The subject areas in which our team operates (and on which you would be expected to acquire proficiency on), are:
* Accountable resource in providing analytical data expertise based on application and process knowledge to recommend
* solutions that meet the business need.
* Defines and assists development with designing technology based solutions to meet business requests within
* established technology frameworks.
* Provides estimates based on work effort and application knowledge.
* Experience in researching and resolving data process issues
* Domain knowledge in US Mortgages and Banking & Finance Services.
* Strong experience working in Agile methodologies and SCRUM execution
* Experience in leading technical projects in Development team
* Good communication skills
* Experience working with geographically diverse team and coordinating with developers at diverse locations
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* 5+ Years of experience in database design and implementation
* SQL Server, advanced stored procedures & SSIS package development
* Developing test strategies, test plans based on functional specifications, use cases, and business requirements
* Estimation of work based on effort and complexity
* Proficiency in Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint is required
* Documenting and analyzing workflows & use cases, business rules, prototyping, data mapping & data modeling
* Technical skills in Oracle Databases, Teradata & Unix
* Experience with Agile SDLC methodology
* Automation scheduling experience with Control-M
* ETL extraction using Ab Initio, Spark, Hadoop
* Data Modeling using ERwin
* Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.