Verizon Media Group
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath's employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we're only getting bigger. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
A Little About Us
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath's employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we're only getting bigger. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
A Lot About You
We are looking for great talent. front-end and back-end Software Developers, UX Designers, and Product Engineers that can contribute to the development of our exciting next-generation products. If you are excited about the overall lifecycle of a product - building, coding, testing, launching and learning, this is the place to be, because you will learn and gain hands-on experience while engaged in projects with significant impact on the success of our businesses. You are a great problem solver, the capability to work independently as well as with a team, and the willingness to learn from our leadership.
* Design, develop, code and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required
* Participate in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems
* Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, and contribute to best practices, architecture, and implementations
* Promote and solicit ideas within project teams
You Must Have
* Actively enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD Program in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
* Knowledge of software engineering processes, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Java, C/C++, methods, test development, support, algorithms and data structure
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
Experience in one or many of the following is a plus:
* Back-end experience (Grid, Hadoop, etc.)
* Familiarity with Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, LAMP
* Experience building or maintaining databases (Oracle, mySQL, Hive, etc.)
* Cross-browser, cross-platform coding
* Large-scale, large-user base website development experience
* Data mining, machine learning, AI, statistics, information retrieval, linguistic analysis
* Strong mathematical background
* Internship experience at a tech company
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.