Do you want to join our over 300 interns for a summer full of learning, networking and fun? Do you want to help analyze data and do the analysis needed to contribute to solving our nation's most critical problems? Do you want to be mentored by engineers and scientists that are experts in their fields?
MITRE's people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges. We are different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
Our workplace reflects our values. We want you to come as an intern and then join us upon completing your degree so that you can experience the gratifying work, our competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth.
Join our Software Solutions & Technologies Department working as our Software Engineer Intern for Summer 2019! Our department provides innovative and inspired support to the nation through high quality hands-on code craft.
What do MITRE Computer Science/Software Engineering Interns do?
Working alongside MITRE engineers or on teams in a one of our labs, MITRE Computer Science/Software Engineering Interns supply high-impact consultative software engineering expertise that yield affordable, effective and efficient solutions that address the greatest challenges of our sponsors. They help develop and introduce the latest computing applications-including mobile, help with software performance, and with enterprise integration and workflow solutions.
What are some examples of last summer's Computer Science/Software Engineering Internships?
* Researching tools for symbolic execution that would be applicable to software assurance
* Research and gather information on machine learning/neural networks needed to conduct an experiment in MATLAB on generated data; conduct the experiment and report results
* The development of a cyclostationary signal processing toolbox in the Python language
* Work with deep learning to build an object detection system to process satellite imagery
* Performing a deep analysis of an operational system to understand limitations and weaknesses
What does an ideal MITRE Computer Science/Software Engineering Intern have:
* Demonstrated interest and/or experience in applied software engineering, human-centered computing, intelligent systems, platforms solutions, prototyping and experimentation
* Proficiency in one or more of the following--Java, Python, XML, HTML, C#, Objective C; Database design & development including SQL.
* Experience working with mobile environments and mobile computing
* Experience working with design recovery, software analysis, and/or reverse engineering tools
* Experience with a broad set of software development tools
* Excellent academic performance
* High level desire to help their nation solve its most critical problems
* Exhibits the characteristics of a continuous learner
* Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, software systems engineering, or a related technical field.
* Students should have a 3.0 or better grade point average in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Students need to be currently enrolled and will be enrolled the following semester in a full-time in an accredited degree-seeking university program.*
70% of MITRE's full-time jobs require US government security clearances, therefore many internships require that the candidates be clearable.