Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineering Director-Identity Access Management
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
The Team - Capital One is a diverse group working on multiple areas in the Identity and access management realm, cloud computing, software engineering, and general layered security in an enterprise. The project range from new and unique authentication methods used for multi-factor authentication and standard authentication to complete restructuring of frameworks and management of Identity. The team is a fast-paced movement group inside of Capital One that is creating a next generation of security products to modernize the Enterprise and provide the newest and best methods of securing our customers data.
What you will need to bring for this position:
* Experience leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products and prototypes
* A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
* Ability to collaborate with various partners in the tech, startup and academic ecosystems
* The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company
* Exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering team to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
* Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions
* Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
* Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
* Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
* Intellectual curiosity
* Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
* Insatiable hunger to learn and code on new technologies
* Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
* Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
* Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
* Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
* Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
* Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
* Maintain records to document program development and revisions
* A robust portfolio of shipped code on GitHub or other open Source contributions and experience with distributed/scalable systems a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 4 years of experience Leading software engineering teams
* At least 6 years experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies
* at least 7 years of experience in software development and Agile practices
* Master's Degree
* 2 years experience developing in AWS or other cloud computing platforms
* 5 years Leading Identity and Access Management Teams
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.