Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of being what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers' ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
Software Engineers build the infrastructure and business logic for the next generation of unified communication platforms. We work cross-functionally to understand business requirements, evaluate alternative approaches and ensure software and systems are accessible and easy to use. We live on the leading edge of system and component design, developing solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world. You can join our team in this role, while growing your own career and helping others succeed.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
* Develop and maintain the OpenTok Windows SDK which is build on top of the .NET platform and written in C#.
* Participate in the development and maintenance of the OpenTok cross-platform library (OTKit) written in C/C++, which is the core of all native platform SDK
* Engage in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
* Play a key role in designing and building the new OpenTok platform.
* Designing, architecting and implementing, rich Client APIs.
* Work alongside other Engineers to define, drive and complete the technology strategy.
* Work in rapid 1-2 week development cycles.
* Collaborate closely with our teams located around the world (San Francisco, UK, Spain, Israel).
What you'll bring
* A strong Windows development background to help us design and implement the next generation Cloud API, solve interesting use-cases on the native Windows platform, and provide a rich set of APIs for online voice and video communications.
What's required for application
* At least three years of Windows development within a professional environment.
* Strong design and implementation work with APIs, SDKs and libraries.
* Experience with .NET, C#, and C++
* Working knowledge of NuGet
* Background in writing integration and automated tests to create well tested code.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.
Vonage is a cloud communications provider.