At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
As a Web Frontend engineer at Uber, you'll create and maintain experiences across some of our 500+ web frontend properties, including marketing pages and signup flows, applications for our millions of riders, drivers and eaters, and our internal business and operations tools that manage our products and logistics worldwide. You'll have the opportunity to impact our core ridesharing business, as well as emerging products like UberEATS, Uber Freight, mapping and self-driving cars.
* Work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues (product manager, designer, backend/mobile engineers) to ship impactful products
* Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
* Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
* 2+ years of full-time engineering experience
* You have a strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
* You have experience with Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
* You have experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
* You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
* You are excited to learn from and teach others
Bonus points if
* You have experience with modern web tools (npm/Yarn, Babel, Browserify/Webpack/Rollup, etc.)
* You have experience with modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
* You are familiar with service-oriented architecture, microservices, and distributed systems
* You have Web/Visual Design, UI/UX, and other relevant HCI experience
Team-specific focus areas
We have a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests best match:
* Marketing & Onboarding - Experience creating experimentation-heavy, content-driven websites where performance and usability matter most
* Mobile-Web Applications & Portals - Experience building large-scale, device-responsive websites that are long-lived and have an app-like feel
* Business & Operations Tools - Experience with productivity and management tools that increase efficiency of the business
* Data Visualization & Mapping - Experience building complex, highly-performant data visualization and mapping tools utilizing WebGL
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.