For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. NI systems accelerate productivity, innovation, and discovery through an open, software-defined platform. This approach helps engineers develop and increase the performance of automated test and automated measurement systems.
Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources, naming NI one of the top corporate citizens and best places to work. Maybe it is our fantastic work/life balance, or the Employee Stock Purchase Program and grants, or matching 401K, or picturesque campus with ponds, hiking trails, beach volleyball courts, and collaborative meeting spaces. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you're in the right place! Here's a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
Watch Video: NI - A Great Place to Work
* Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
* Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
* Aerospace & Defense - NI provides industry-leading performance and accuracy with best-in-class synchronization for large systems, so you can get to the right decision faster.
* 5G - Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
* Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI's technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
More @: www.ni.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube
The Role - Web Application Utility Developer
We are looking for a developer to contribute to the new NI-XNET Database Editor, an application used in conjunction with our NI-XNET hardware to support automotive test applications. The team working on the editor is small and dedicated to being agile and enabling continuous delivery. The editor team works closely with the NI-XNET driver team. The application is being developed in TypeScript, using Electron and React.
Developing a new, performant version of the NI-XNET Database Editor is necessary to enabling automotive test engineers and technicians to be successful when testing ECUs developed using the AUTOSAR standard. Supporting this standard in both the NI-XNET driver and editor is one of the key initiatives that will allow for success in NI's transportation business.
* Specify, design, implement, and test software features and capabilities for new and existing products
* Perform research as required to specify and develop or enhance your product, or to define new products
* Diagnose and debug problems with your product or problems arising when your product interacts or integrates with other NI products
* BS Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
* A keen interest in developing web-based solutions
* Experience developing in a low-level software programming language
* An interest in working very collaboratively using Agile processes
* Interest in working on a customer-facing application, and gaining an understanding of specific customer needs
* An understanding of or experience with automotive applications using CAN, LIN, or FlexRay.
* Skill in decision making concerning striking the right balance between reserving time for innovation and executing to a goal