We are looking for an Editor Software Developer who will join the Remote Config team, a team under AI@Unity.
The Remote Config team is a product team focused on enabling users to change anything in their Unity application stack in real-time. It's the foundational layer for Experimentation at Unity, providing continuous delivery, real-time tuning and AI generation and iteration of content.
Our goal is to make AI accessible to everyone; enabling developers to run as many experiments as possible, by dynamically configuring settings, partitioning users, and scheduling personalized content and experiences. The result of our work is incredibly faster iteration and release cycles, lower development costs and much more enjoyable experience for the millions of people who experience Unity content every day.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an innovative AI product that will define a new standard for the development lifecycle of Unity customers.
We're looking for people who are entrepreneurial, adaptable and enjoy challenging the status quo.
* Design, extend and build Unity Editor and runtime packages, APIs, and UI used by developers and designers during the development process for multiple types of games
* Improve the architecture of existing systems and design the architecture of new systems
* Code and design most of your day
* Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers on a daily basis
* Collaborate with a distributed development team
* Strong in C#
* Experience integrating with backend APIs
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently
* Excellent communication skills
* Methodical and investigative disposition
* Experience extending the Unity Editor
* Game industry experience
* Experience building and launching a mobile or desktop game using Unity
* Experience creating one or more plugins for Unity and have published them through the Asset Store
* Have built custom tools within Unity for use by a game dev team during production
* Expertise with package managers, such as npm or Nuget.
* Web development experience in either full-stack or backend engineer capacity
* Ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in-depth
* Strong attention to details
* A passion for creating usable, polished and enjoyable user experiences
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.