Software Engineer UI San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Do you want to come help us build a world-class user experience on products like Dropbox? We're looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable - and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build. Our user interface engineers are the people responsible for building, polishing, and delivering those experiences.
We've got an incredible team with some of the best designers and engineers in the world. If you love building out pixel-perfect, beautifully executed, intuitive UI, and want to work with people who feel the same way you do, let's talk!
* Build world-class user experiences
* Engineer the libraries and frameworks that power our front-end stack
* Tackle tough design and product problems
* Work cross-functionally across design and engineering to polish the product experience
* Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 2+ years of professional software development experience
* Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
* A desire to build well-engineered reusable front-end components and abstractions
* Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
* A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
* Experience and ability to build working UI quickly
* Great attitude towards work and people
* Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
* Focus on quality, sweating the details, and delighting our users
* Experience with building accessible products is a plus
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.