Search for more jobs
Software Engineer - Test and Measurement
* Job: 21223-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Join our team and develop the technologies that enable scientists and engineers to incorporate instruments such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and function generators into their MATLAB-based technical computing workflows.
As a member of the Instrument Control Toolbox team, you will participate in all phases of the design, development, and testing of instrument connectivity over a variety of standard interfaces and driver technologies. You will be involved in the entire development process, including:
* Requirements gathering
* Functional and design specifications
* Design reviews
* Implementation and code reviews
* Unit testing
The position requires C++ development experience and interest in developing software to interface with test and measurement hardware. You will work closely with other developers, quality engineers, user experience specialists, and documentation specialists to develop and document features for the toolbox.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Programming experience with C++
Some combination of the following:
* Experience working with instruments such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, or network analyzers
* Experience with standard transports, protocols, or interfaces such as VISA, Modbus, GPIB, TCPIP, UDP, RS232, SPI, I2C, or Bluetooth
* MATLAB programming skills
* Familiarity with software design patterns and object-oriented design
* Experience working with C/C++ third-party libraries
* Agile development processes
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.