Signify Health is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer Team Lead to do 80% development and 20% team management. Most time will be spent on development of new expertise for multiple products, expanding the product's capabilities for millions of users. You will help hire and oversee a team building new knowledge domains, through server-side .NET that integrates with both internal and external technology partners as well as the iOS/Web clients. This position requires a leader who possesses both strong technical skills and a creative, user-focused mindset. We also need a team player - you will be collaborating with engineers and managers in several technical areas spanning the entire range of Signify Health's capabilities.
Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Engineering excellence is the norm and encouraged. Great opportunity to be part of a challenging domain where you get to apply latest technologies to make people's lives better. Be part of an environment where good culture comes first, there is flexibility and work-life balance. We believe in high collaboration, high transparency and a blameless work environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
* 3+ Years of managerial experience and with 8+ Years of Software engineering experience.
* 5-8 years of work experience in .NET framework using languages such as C#
* 3-4 years of work experience with Single Page Application frameworks such as Angular
* Good foundation in SQL in general and preferably SQL Server plus working knowledge of ORM framework such as Entity Framework
* Experience with multi-layer architecture, architectural patterns and Dependency Injection frameworks
* Experience with technologies such as JSON, XML and Web API Experience with automated unit testing
* Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java, C++ or similar.
* Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency systems.
* Experience in building and managing highly skilled team of distributed systems engineers.
* Solid CS background, concurrent programming, and data structures.
* Solid understanding of the full development lifecycle, developing detailed technical designs, and implementation.
* Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Strong multi-functional partnerships and leadership skills
* Self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
* Love to tackle a problem, always looking for a solution
* Value strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Passion for quality and attention to detail
* In-depth experience managing mobile, server-side development and web services projects
* Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
* Help drive the product direction working with Technical Product Managers
* Experience building relationships with third-party technology partners
* Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
* Experience with project management
* Confirmed ability to influence and collaborate across the organization
* Have a long history of developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders
* Proven track record as a manager, demonstrated aptitude in managing complex backend infrastructure projects.
* Strong cross-functional partnerships and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated aptitude in building and launching large-scale distributed systems.
* Fluently speak, read, and write English
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork and negotiation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Programming, server integration, and reporting
* Advanced skills in MS Office
* Advanced analytical skills
* Self-directed and organized
* Discrete/ability to maintain confidentiality
* Team player
* Sense of urgency
* Customer service orientation
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to work well independently
* Ability to take direction
* Fast-paced environment.
* Requires working at a desk to use a phone and computer.
* Use office equipment and machinery effectively.
* Ability to ambulate to various parts of the building.
* Work effectively with frequent interruptions.
* May require occasional overtime to meet project deadlines.
SIGNIFY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,