Software Engineer (Systems) - Health Machine Learning Infrastructure
New York, NY
Are you an engineer who's passionate about defending online users against abuse, spam, and manipulation? Do you love working on challenging problems that require a multi-disciplinary approach, creative solutions, and rapid product iterations? Will you be proud to work on a real-time, scalable system that serves millions of users daily? If so, you should join us.
Who We Are
The Health ML Infrastructure engineering team is responsible for the platform powering the experimentation of detection and remediation systems that keep spam, manipulation, and abuse at bay. Our team's mission is to keep our users safe from negative experiences in a highly adversarial environment. We work on some of the world's most highly-scaled distributed systems, handling hundreds of millions of tweets and engagements each day, to make Twitter safer and limit the spread of misinformation, abusive, and spammy content on the platform. As the manager of this team, you'll be working on our company's #1 priority: growing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation on Twitter.
What You'll Do
We believe passion and personality matter. We're looking for someone who can help us build, scale, and maintain user-facing products and large-scale systems, all of which have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business. We need natural leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values.
Who You Are
* You have experience with applied machine learning at a previous company
* You have experience building product and features and working with distributed systems.
* You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
* You are interested in working closely with a diverse, multi-functional team: you think critically about users' needs and can interpret those findings into features and products.
* You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
* You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
* You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale.
Here's all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.