With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed - The Digital Performance Company - provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue annually and 30,000+ customers - including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
As part of the SteelCentral team, you will develop and improve new and existing features and work on innovative and creative solutions primarily focused on the software and hardware platform over which a number of Riverbed products are built.
* Design, implement and improve new and existing features of the SteelCentral NPM platform, the foundation of the SteelCentral appliances.
* Troubleshoot, debug, and fix product issues as they arise.
* Be responsible for end to end to end feature development, eventually coordinating activities of various team members during the development life cycle.
* Work in an agile like environment with the ability to create prototypes quickly and adapt them to meet high-volume production quality.
* Work with various network and server equipment like packet brokers (Gigamon, Arista) and RAID storage.
* Work with cloud and virtualization technologies like AWS, Azure, ESXi, and hybrid networking.
* Solid technical background with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience
* Experience working with, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based environments
* Can work on your own but know when to ask for help, including excellent communication and documentation skills
* Working knowledge of major IP infrastructure products such as firewalls, routers and switches
* Hands on experience with Python, Git, C and C++
* Willingness to learn new programming languages on short notice
* Practical knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and RESTful based APIs
Nice to have:
* Prior experience working on at least one complex software engineering project in the past
* Experience building common software components which are used in multiple products
* Previously used open source or home grown tools to emulate real network based applications
* Experience debugging network issues with Wireshark or other packet analysis tools
* Experience with IPv6
* Driven and motivated to accomplish your goals both independently and as part of the team
* Excellent at verbal communication and written documentation
* Able to approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting NUMA-related tasks with creativity
* Quick to learn new technologies and methodologies
Why Riverbed Technology?
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Riverbed Technology
Riverbed provides application performance infrastructure solutions.