QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.At QinetiQ North America, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry, but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up, QinetiQ North America is the right place for you.QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.NOTE:U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
QinetiQ North America's Land Systems group is looking for a highly motivated Staff Software Engineer in the fast-paced, high-tech field of robotics. The Staff SWE will participate in designing and fielding innovative products for the U.S. Military on a multi-disciplinary team of cutting-edge engineers. The team member will be involved in all aspects of product lifecycle from concept generation to final product fielding.
The staff software engineer will be responsible for large-scale problem solving and the advanced implementation of Robot protocols (under the supervision of senior and principal software engineers)
Tasks may include designing/developing controls/interfaces to robot payloads including pan/tilt cameras, manipulators and environmental sensors. Conduct software requirements reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews, and software acceptance reviews. Support other engineers in the use of the developed API. Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting.
Staff software engineers frequently implement software architectures under the supervision of senior or principal software engineers. They detail designs, create regressions test frameworks, and maintain continuous build environments and configurations. As robotics is a multidisciplinary field, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with engineers in other disciplines. Some (< 10%) travel may be required to support integration, testing, and repair activities.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in software or computer engineering and be proficient in one of C/C++, or Visual C#. The candidate is expected to be "hands-on" with the ability to support software design and product issues related to various DoD pre-production and production programs.
* B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 2-5 years' experience
* MS in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science plus 1-3 years' experience.
* Experience developing C++ applications in a Linux environment
* Experience developing C# applications in a Windows environment
* Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
* Strong attention to detail and quality.
* Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Flexible, self-starter, innovative thinker, and desire to solve any problem
* Candidates will be subject to a Background Investigation. US citizenship is required.
* Prior work in the field of robotics especially with field testing robotic systems
* Experience developing embedded applications for micro-controllers
* Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, and I2C
* Working knowledge of C# 5.0 / .NET 4.5 or higher
* UI development
* Multi-threaded Application development
* Experience working with Distributed Architecture
* Experience with field testing robotic systems