Software Engineer, Sr. I
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than raditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
Responsible for requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and integration of embedded and application software, as well as leading, resourcing, and mentoring a team of software engineers.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Design, document, develop, integrate and test software for Special Test Equipment using C
* Participate in requirements development
* Participate in code reviews
* Document, debug and correct Bugs
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. citizen with an existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with required years of software expereince
* A minimum of 5 years experience in Computer/Software Engineering field
* A minimum of 5 years experience in C
* Experience developing software in/for Linux (e.g. gcc, make, cmake, llvm, valgrind, gdb)
* Comfortable scripting (e.g. python, bash)
* Fluent in C , the STL, and C 11/14/17 features
* Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. MVC, Factory, Builder)
* Experience developing software on a team
* Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
* Ability to lift to 20lbs and travel up to 10%
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.