Organization: Digital Industries
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 236400
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Software Engineer: Specialized Meshing
Siemens is seeking a software development professional with experience
in the development of meshing algorithms to contribute to our STAR-CCM+
The main objective of the position is to work on the STAR-CCM+
specialized meshing team by improving and developing meshing algorithms
for our suite of specialized meshers. These may include swept meshing,
cylinder meshing or block-structured meshing among others.
This person will report to the Software Engineering Manager of the
Specialized Meshing Team.
This person will be working preferentially in our Austin, Texas office.
Other offices: Seattle, WA, Lebanon, NH, and Liberty, IA might be
considered based upon experience
* Designing and writing and/or improving meshing algorithms
* Writing unit tests to ensure code reliability and prevent regressions
* Testing and fixing code written by employee and other developers
* Reviewing code written by other developers
* Developing GUIs to support meshing algorithms
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
* Experience in writing cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code
* MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline
* Experience in the development of meshing software algorithms.
* Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
* Ability to communicate outside the team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In our search, we will give preferential consideration to those candidates with
experience in any of the following areas:
* Development of block-structured meshing
* Experience with 3D-CAD modeling concepts such as NURBS and B-Splines
* Understanding of software lifecycle tools like source code control systems, debuggers,
continuous integration testing systems, etc.
* Developing software in a commercial environment
* Engineering simulation software experience
* Client/server architectures
* Java and scripting languages such as Python and Bash
* Developing on both Linux and Windows