Oliver Wyman is hiring a top-tier Front End Engineer to work in our Labs in New York. In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on understanding real user problems & business opportunities, designing, building, prototyping, testing, and iterating to create scalable solutions that address our clients' most pressing problems. Members of the Studio team will be focused on driving impact and creating real value for clients and internal users.
As a Front End Engineer, you will be:
−The technical expert on all things mobile and web, working as part of small, agile team in a flat structure
−Collaborating with people as passionate and awesome as yourself
−Working across a variety of industries, projects, clients, and tech platforms to deliver tangible near- and long-term impact
−Empowered and have more autonomy and responsibilities than almost anywhere else.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be expected to:
−Take ownership for technical delivery of solutions developed in Studio
− Have strong UX and design sensibilities while also collaborating with our design team to help prototype and build effective solutions for our clients
− Build solutions for human-centered problems that are best addressed by understanding both human behavior and technology
− Have the unique opportunity to shape a brand new and fast-growing innovation arm within a well-established management consultancy
Skills & Requirements:
As a Front End Engineer, you will be expected to:
* Work well in interdisciplinary teams
* Co-create with other Engineers, Designers, business experts, clients, and end-users, working in a fully integrated (vs. siloe-ed) manner
* Interface effectively with individuals across functions and levels
− Demonstrate strong communication skills, i.e.,
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including communication of technical terms with team members/clients with non-technical backgrounds
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative
* Able to work under very little supervision and guidance, to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established time frames
* Be flexible and willing to learn - adapt quickly to new problems and fluid project circumstances
* Contribute to problem solving within a flat team structure; roll-up your sleeves to contribute to all aspects of the solution
− We don't look for specific technologies in your resume. Instead, a good candidate will have:
* Experience in all stages of the project life-cycle
* Project management experience; ability to handle multiple workstreams and prioritize accordingly
* Commitment to delivering value and helping clients succeed
* A passion for technology-open source contributions are great to see, but not required
−Have 3-5 years of relevant experience
− Building robust REST APIs
− Working with responsive layouts, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
− SASS, LESS, PostCSS, SQL, MongoDB
− WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
− Web/mobile hybrid apps (iOS and Android, ionic, ReactNative, cordova, etc
− Prototyping tools like Sketch, balsamiq, UXPin, InVision
− AWS, Docker, Rancher, Jenkins
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.