We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Effectively applies knowledge and skills software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
* Partners with other Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area expertise.
* Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area expertise.
* Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
* Identifies strengths and weaknesses alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
* Understands at a broad level how platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
Systems Development Engineering:
* Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
* Develop or approve detail program specifications.
* Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
Testing / Deliverable Quality:
* Participate in system and acceptance testing.
* Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
* Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
* Responsible for immediate response to production program issues.
* Sets up or follows established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity work.
* Understand dependency identification processes in work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy own work.
* Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work and has a sense urgency about getting work completed.
* Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
* Analyze and resolve multiple complex problems without direction.
* Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
* Employ productivity aids in all aspects assignments.
* Highly organized and self-directed.
* Appropriately shares ideas and information with others.
* Practices attentive and active listening.
* Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place.
* Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
* Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years age.
* Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer required, with no sponsorship needed now or in the future of an employment-based visa.
* BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
* Minimum 2 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
* Experience with Agile and/or SAFE a plus.
* May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
* Proficient knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
* Proficient knowledge of at least one required programming language.
* Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various or partner Teams.
* Able to analyze small to medium and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
* Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
* Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level completion in all responsible work.
* Able to prioritize effectively.
* Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety audiences.
* Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
* Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Department needs.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.