At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It's designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
WHO ARE WE?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will help build sophisticated simulation tools for autonomous vehicle software development, benchmarking, and testing. You will help develop an advance simulation framework that provides accurate sensor models, scenario creation tools and integrated pipelines to enable testing of other robotic software subsystems.
* Contribute to the design and implementation of a physics-based simulation framework for Serve
* Implement smart actors and agents in the virtual environment that closely mimic their real-world behaviors
* Maintain ownership of deliverables, including deployment and optimization of frameworks, architecture, and ensuring the fidelity of test validations
* Develop tools to enable autonomy developers to better understand the behavior of our vehicles before they leave the depot
* Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields
* Experience with physical system modeling and simulation
* Experience with software handling large data sets with performance
* Experience with graphics APIs and frameworks such as OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan
* Knowledge of common geographical coordinate systems, spatial data infrastructure, and common GIS applications
* Fluency in Python or C++
* Programming and maintenance experience on large infrastructure systems
* Application pipelines for training deep learning models using simulated data
* Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
* Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
* Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
* Catered lunches and open snack bar
* Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
* Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
* Full support to contribute to open source projects
* Awesome office located in Financial District just minutes from BART, Muni, AC Transit, and SamTrans
Postmates is an urban logistics and delivery platform that allows users to ship any item within the city for same-day delivery.