Search for more jobs
Software Engineer - Simscape Multibody / Mechanical
* Job: 20901-MCAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Join our Physical Modeling team! We focus on creating cutting-edge engineering simulation tools to easily and accurately model and simulate physical systems. Your primary focus will be strengthening Simscape Multibody by advancing our multibody dynamics algorithms and simulation technology, especially in the area of flexibly body modeling. You will be responsible for gathering user requirements, designing and implementing robust and efficient multibody simulation algorithms, testing the software, and integrating it into Simscape Multibody. We seek an individual excited about creating great software tools for engineers and scientists. You will apply your expertise in software, engineering, and mathematics to solve real-world challenges for engineers worldwide.
Expand the multibody simulation capabilities of Simscape Multibody, especially in the area of mixed rigid-flexible body systems modeling.
* Gather user requirements, and design software components that address existing needs and anticipate future ones
* Research existing and new algorithms, prototype them, and choose optimal approaches based on sound engineering tradeoffs
* Implement algorithms in software, and integrate with Simscape Multibody
* Help maintain, support, and improve Simscape Multibody
* Work closely with a small team of talented developers
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
* Expertise in finite element analysis, algorithms, and techniques
* Expertise in rigid body analysis, algorithms, and techniques
* Strong mathematical abilities
* Strong software engineering fundamentals and strong C++ and C programming skills
* Passionate about designing and implementing solid, reusable software components
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.