Shipping Team in eBay connects the online marketplace to physical logistics. We simplify options for thousands of sellers, partner with carriers across the globe, and provide cheap, fast and reliable options for millions for buyer.
Shipping is a core eBay initiative responsible for delivering the world's greatest selection cheaply, conveniently and dependably. The shipping team is the driver for many key programs like
* eBay Plus: eBay's answer to Amazon prime in Germany.
* Click and Collect: Forming symbiotic relationships with other retailers (like Argos in UK, Woolworths in AU) to allow buyers to collect packages in time and place convenient to them.
* Global Shipping Program: Responsible for expanding inventory to international buyers and seamlessly intermediating international shipping on behalf of sellers.
* Global Label and Tracking Platform: Partnering with carriers all over the globe to provide postage (label printing, rates, payment) and tracking solutions to eBay sellers.
* Shipping Science: Uses advanced machine learning techniques to predict an item's weight and dimension, simplifying the item listing flow for casual C2C sellers, predicts how soon a package will arrive powering programs like Fast and Free.
The Shipping Technology team is all based in eBay's Seattle (Bellevue) center. Your career growth is important to us, and we believe our site will provide long-term sustained development opportunities. We work to pursue highly technical and practical problems with cutting edge technologies. Our massively distributed environments make a real and immediate impact on one of the planet's biggest marketplace communities.
Shipping is powered by scalable and distributed services that support the whole of eBay. To name a few: Seller listing flow, Search, View Item, Cart/Checkout, Label printing, Tracking, Returns, Trust standards and Marketing. You will have a real view on how eBay's stack works end to end.
We are looking for self-motivated and talented individuals to join us. Work on new products that will evolve and grow the eBay Core Shipping Product and Technology team.
Are you passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that can scale vertically and horizontally? Are you a creative thinker, not afraid to find outside-the-box solutions for difficult challenges with high scale systems? Then this is the job for you.
You will have opportunities to:
* Design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development process.
* Work with engineers and other multi-functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Operations etc.
* Develop phenomenal software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, and scalability.
* Track business impact of features on a regular basis
* Rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
* Scope, prioritize, plan, bug fix, deploy, document and most importantly, have fun.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field like Mathematics
* Excellent coding skills in Java, C++ or C# (will be primarily coding in Java) and proven use of test automation to certify your code
* Outstanding design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale. Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, and online services is a strong plus
* Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated passion for learning and implementing creative large-scale architectural patterns to turn business requirements into simple solutions
* Have a sincere love for technology, a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and open source frameworks, and the ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Know who we are @ https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/who-we-are/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.