The Service Insights team develops the platform that enables Databricks service teams to define, track, understand, and improve their core business metrics and cloud footprint. This ecosystem of features helps service teams quickly understand and adapt their services alongside Databricks growth. The team develops self-service data platforms powered by Apache Spark for teams to track their business metrics across multiple clouds and regions. We build infrastructure and tooling to empower these service teams, as well as automation to enforce best practices within each framework.
* Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production.
* Architect solutions to achieve a high level of reliability, scalability and security.
* Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams and with various other stakeholders such as product managers.
* Operate in an Agile development environment.
* 4+ years of production level experience in one of: Java, Scala, C++, Python, or similar language.
* Experience in architecting, developing, deploying, and operating large scale distributed systems.
* Experience with distributed data processing systems (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka).
* Experience with cloud APIs (e.g. a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP, or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook).
* Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service-Oriented Architectures.
* Experience with API development.
* Good knowledge of SQL.
* Experience with software security and systems that handle sensitive data.
* Exposure to container technologies, such as Kubernetes, Docker.
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.