Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Software Engineer, Server-side Java
Req #: 190056513
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Senior Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial systems and terminology
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Java development fluency with 8-10 years' experience on server side application development.
* Excellent knowledge of Java technologies including core Java, Spring and application containers
* Very good design and development skills to build Cloud Native Micro Services.
* Distributed caching experience with technologies such as Gemfire, Elastic or Cassandra Cache
* Hands on knowledge of MQ/JMS messaging technologies and Kafka messaging brokers
* Hands on knowledge of UNIX scripting and Database development skills including SQL, relational data design and stored procedures.
* Integration technologies experience such as ETL, Mule or Pentaho ESB.
* Good knowledge of source code control systems, preferably GIT/Bit Bucket
* Good knowledge of issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
* Development skills using CI/CD pipeline tools like Maven & Jenkins
* Test driven development (TDD) experience
* Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.