About the Job Akamai is seeking a Senior Software Engineer II to enhance the customer portal experience for products used to manage Internet traffic and DNS records. These products are key parts of our customers' infrastructure, and a highly functional and intuitive interface for configuration, monitoring, and issue resolution is essential to their success. The Internet is a complex and noisy environment, and there are no simple answers to the problems faced by our customers. This is precisely what makes the job fun and rewarding to anyone seeking a challenge.
● Design and develop new features, optimize and enhance existing software functionality
● Understand broad sets of use cases, building the right APIs and features to support them
● Improve the testability, deployment, monitorability, and maintainability of our software
● Become a subject matter expert for our systems with the ability to explain and improve our software, and to assist with troubleshooting complex problems
● Possess a strong work ethic and positive attitude
● Be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment
● Work collaboratively within the team and with other teams at Akamai.
About the Team
In addition to the customer-facing web applications, the team develops the infrastructure software for the products. The team is part of Mapping Engineering, the group responsible for the software that directs traffic for Akamai's globally distributed network of servers.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
● 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
● 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science or
● 3 years of relevant experience and a relevant experience and a PhD
● 8+ years experience developing robust, modular, and well-tested web applications using Java
● 5+ years experience developing highly available web applications in Java or comparable languages (Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, etc.)
● 3+ years experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
● Experience in at least two of the following Java/Web Application design patterns and frameworks: Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate
● Experience developing database applications using SQL and object-relational mapping
● A general understanding of DNS
● Working knowledge of common Internet protocols (HTTP, IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, etc.)
● Familiarity with Microservices architecture
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.