The Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity is an experienced software engineer with development skills to work with engineering, quality and operations teams to build and maintain our continuous build, test and delivery infrastructure. system-level test automation tools and frameworks. Akamai's CI/CD infrastructure spans many technologies, and supports continuous building, testing and delivery of highly distributed front-end and back-end systems.testing highly distributed front-end and back-end systems. The Senior Software Engineer gathers requirements, designs, implements, and maintains tools and infrastructure used by development and test teams across Akamai.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
* Develop, deploy and maintainAkamai's CI/CD infrastructure.
* Create new features from the scratch and enhance functionality and performance of existing ones
* Work with architects and engineering teams across Akamai to understand and address their use cases, and build solutions to address their needs
* Work with our operations team to troubleshoot complex problems
About the Team
This team within the Akamai Platform Engineering Division owns and operates the infrastructure used by Akamai engineers across the globe to build, test and deploy code into our networks. We are developing scalable, containerized CI/CD systems running as, test and deployment systems running as microservices in the cloud, orchestrated by Jenkins and Kubernetes. Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness and agility of Akamai software development professionals by improving and standardizing the automation and support of their software development cycle.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or
* 3+ years and a Master's degree; or
* PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years experience developing and deploying microservices at scale with high availability in a CI/CD environment.
* 3+ years experience working on Linux/Unix platforms
* 3+ years experience with Python
* Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and CI/CD systems like Jenkins (X), Atlassian Bamboo, BuildBot, etc.
* Familiarity with AWS, Azure or other cloud services platforms
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
* Experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Familiarity with Terraform or similar tools for managing infrastructure as code.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.