Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer in the Twitch discovery team, you will help develop next-generation products, which will improve the discovery experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited to solve problems at massive scale in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our team is looking for fresh and innovative ideas to overcome a range of challenges in building highly scalable distributed systems, in order to enhance the discovery experience at Twitch.
At Twitch, which is part of Amazon, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
* Build and maintain performant, responsive major software web services and large scale applications
* Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
* Produce clean, high quality code, tests, and well written documentation
* Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
* Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
* BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of work experience or relevant experience with a PhD in CS or related field
* Experience of Software development in one or more of the general purpose programming languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java
* Desire and ability to write production quality code
* MS or PhD in CS or related field
* Experience in one or many of the following areas
* Familiarity with AWS services
* In memory key value stores such as memcache, Redis
* SQL and NoSQL databases
* Kinesis or Kafta data streams
* Building large scale data pipelines
* Working in high energy small startup environments
* Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
* Demonstrated experience in making contributions to open source projects.
* Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
* 401(k) savings plan with a company match
* Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
* Unlimited snacks and drinks
* Monthly in-office massages
* Corporate gym membership
* Commuter benefits
* Flexible time off policy
* Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
* Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture and the creative arts.