Software Engineer - REMOTE / TELEWORK
SAIC is looking for a Journeyman Software Engineer / Developer that has experience in designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging application secure software interface solutions.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with working as part of a geographically diverse development team and with project leadership.
It is expected that the candidate has sufficient applicable experience with software requirements definition and tracking, coding in different development environments, proficient in the software development lifecycle and/or waterfall development lifecycle, and with the required tools and programming languages used on this project.
Additionally, the successful candidate work with the project manager individually and with the team. The candidate will need to understand the criticality of project schedules and milestones, and will provide input to the project work progress, communicating issues, and working collectively with the team to come up with strategies to meet the project milestones in on a unique, high-intensity project.
* Maintain existing application code base
* Define, design, develop, and test new features to application based on customer requirements
* Provide input related to testing modifications to application for quality assurance
* Interact with project managers, customers and users on technical matters
* Have flexibility with an aggressive schedule
Mandatory Skills and Abilities
* Expertise with Groovy & Grails application framework (preferred)
* Expertise with Gradle (preferred)
* Direct expertise with Oracle DB (preferred)
* Expertise in Java development in a Web based or client server environment.
* Experience with Gitlab and/or Bugzilla
* Firm grasp of relational data base concepts
* Excellent communication skills to grasp and explain complex technical matters
* Expertise and experience with Web Services
* Knowledge and experience with auxiliary technologies (XML, JSON, AJAX, ANT, etc.)
* Strong background in JSP and tag libraries
* Experience with SQL query language
* Ability to interact with customer, including but not limited to answering project/code/technical questions
* Ability to work remotely and cooperatively with pIE development leads
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
* Hold a DoD secret clearance
* Must have a current/active Secret Security clearance required to start
Experience and Education:
* B.S. in computer science or software engineering or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
* Specific formal training in Java and/or web programming
* 5+ years of experience in Java development in a Web based or client server environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability