Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life's milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we're there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking to hire an experienced software engineer to join one of our most exciting teams focused on our growing Registry business. The right engineer will enjoy building scalable applications and amazing consumer experiences with an entrepreneurial mindset in a highly collaborative setting both with fellow engineers and also across disciplines to product and user experience. Fellow team members are passionate about their craft, and hold each other to the highest standards of engineering, communications, collaboration and respect.
* Leverage skills and experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, and understandable.
* Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap and Agile planning.
* Promote best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 3+ years overall engineering experience.
* Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment.
* Experience with production Node.js solutions.
* Experience with Hapi.js is a plus.
* Familiarity with AWS concepts and technology.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Pair programming experience is a plus.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
* You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
* You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
* You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
* You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
* You aren't afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there's no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
* You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
About XO Group
The XO Group is a lifestage media and technology company dedicated to weddings, pregnancy, and all things in between.