Software Engineer - Rapid Response
Req #: 190060099
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
This position is for "Rapid Response Analyst" role in Asset & Wealth Management Production Infrastructure (AWMPI) team. The individual will be part of a team and which provides support for all Batch processes and applications
* Candidate will work closely with business stakeholders, Infrastructure, DevOps, and other production support teams within the organization to mitigate and resolve incidents. Weekend support on a rotational basis is a requirement
* Perform timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production stability
* Lead problem resolution and conduct root cause analysis and establish processes that will help incident prevention
* The role requires the ability to provide rapid response to queues of incidents, participate in root cause analysis (RCA) efforts, assists with building up knowledge base articles and documentations
* Automate manual tasks and streamline processes using scripts and scheduling tools
* Requires a hands on person with strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Candidate must be demonstrating a willingness to learn new technologies and business processes as required
* Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work in pressure situations
* Ability to multitask
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* The position is for first and second level support of AWM Production applications.
* Weekend support on a rotational basis is required.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial systems and terminology
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* 3+ years' experience in an application support or technology support and be familiar with DevOps model
* Strong Database knowledge (Sybase, Oracle PL/SQL).
* Strong understanding of ETL logic - Informatica, Pentaho
* Experience with UNIX Shell/Perl/Python scripting.
* Hands on Experience with AutoSys/Job Scheduler tools, Splunk monitoring.
Understanding of cloud architecture and AI concepts.
Strong monitoring, analytical and escalation skills.
* Strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
Experience in supporting Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
Expertise in trouble shooting and resolving database performance bottlenecks.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Expertise in incident and problem management procedures
* Experience working with UNIX & Windows Environments.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
* Result oriented and highly flexible individual, able to work with minimal supervision
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.