Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Software Engineer - Quip
Are you interested in working on the next generation of collaboration software? Our goal at Quip is to build a new class of productivity tool that every person at every company enjoys using every single day. What we're looking for: a software engineering generalist who's passionate and cares deeply about product development.
We work closely with Product Managers and Designers to define new features, and help map the future of Quip. We're building the next generation of products leveraging frameworks, such as React, and tackling complex problems related to large-scale backend infrastructure and mobile platforms. We're building a team of talented, thoughtful people who will work together to build an enduring company that will change the way teams work together.
What we look for:
* Excellent software engineering talent
* Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, or mobile development is a plus
* Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, the company
What you'll do:
* Building consumer-level applications (mobile, web, desktop) for enterprise - with a focus on design and usability
* Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
* Growing and scaling our product and servers, applying the latest technologies and best practices
* Mentoring your peers or be mentored by your peers in various in-house mentorship
* Learn to make great and not so great puns
Who you'll work with:
We are a group of talented, empathetic people from various backgrounds where trust and teamwork are a given. We pride ourselves in thoughtful communication and individual ownership. We push hard to make Quip better everyday while maintaining a healthy balance to leave time for our hobbies, family, pets, or whatever else is important.
What it's like to work here:
* We provide small company impact combined with Salesforce generous benefits
* Most employees (including our founder) leave by 5:30pm
* We seek out opportunities to send people to training for both technical and leadership skills
* We actively work on ways to be more inclusive in our culture and in our hiring
* Currently, 30% of our engineers are women
* Regular team charity outings, plus 7 days of volunteer time off (VTO) per year
Want to learn more? Visit our website and meet our team!
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.