Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft and for helicopters and spacecraft. It develops and manufactures state-of-the-art solutions to improve comfort and facilities on board aircraft and high-technology systems to increase aircraft performance and flight safety. Zodiac Aerospace, a Safran* company since February 2018, has 32,500 employees worldwide and generated revenue of 5.1billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017. Zodiac Aerospace is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange.
* Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with nearly 58,000 employees and sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
For more information: www.safran-group.com and www.zodiacaerospace.com / Follow @Safran and @ZodiacAerospace on Twitter
Software engineers work in our fast-paced business environment, to design, develop, test, and deliver functioning software for complex computer-based systems and customer applications. As a member of the product development team, this individual will engage with the Product Owner and airline customers to understand feature requests. Duties of this role include providing input for system enhancements, work leadership by training and coaching other employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement new features and provide bug fixes following a prioritized backlog of issues
* Work in a small team environment to scope issues and deliver estimated work
* Capable of diving into any area of the codebase and making changes or enhancements
* May provide technical leadership as a Generalizing Specialist in a particular domain
* Actively participate in Scrum related events and activities, including: Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
* Develop software incorporating automated system level testing to ensure the product meets functional requirements
* Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status
* Consult with customers and/or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance
* Write and execute system level test plans
* Provide support in preparation and presentation of technical material for customers
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field
* 3-6 years of experience working in a similar role
* C/C++/JAVA as well as IPC and SMP experience
* Boost experience (asynchromous communications)
* Practical understanding of computer science fundamentals
* Position requires full competence in software engineering techniques
* Ability to support software integration as well as system and acceptance testing
* Bring up new hardware, write tests to validate the hardware and sometimes debug
* Experience with Agile Development Methodologies (experience working on a Scrum team desirable)
* Enthusiasm, versatility, and leadership qualities
* Ability to deal with full-stack problems as we push technology forward
* Self-directed, proactive, meticulous, organized, and detail-oriented
* Initiative to suggest and drive organizational improvements
* Ability to use discretion and independent judgment when making decisions on behalf of the company
* Ability to efficiently resolve problems
* Ability to accomplish multiple tasks
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* Excels in a continuously changing, agile environmen
ID: IFA - 6414
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
About Zodiac Aerospace
Zodiac Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures, and markets aerospace equipment and systems.