The Petal mission
At Petal, we're using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they've never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that's engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we're bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
As a Software Engineer, you'll architect, design, and implement the next-generation of financial services products. We're looking for engineers with deep industry experience that can bring fresh ideas they're looking to put into action.
Here is our current tech stack: https://stackshare.io/petal
What You'll Do
* Own large portions of the code base.
* Design secure and highly reliable services to integrate with our data and credit card processing partners.
* Build frameworks and products which will be used by other engineering teams at Petal.
* Write tests and constantly seek to improve code quality and reliability.
* Bring positive energy to every meeting and make your colleagues feel included and heard.
Experience and Qualifications
* You've demonstrated your ability to build, test, release, and maintain complex products with 3+ years of experience doing so
* You demand high-quality code of yourself and others.
* You love trying new tools, technologies, and frameworks, but are pragmatic-you get stuff done with what solves the problem you're facing.
* You love shipping new things rapidly, and iterating based on real user behavior. You have a knack for finding and eliminating inefficiency in your users' workflows.
* You're enthusiastic about unit testing and performance, and knowing how to communicate the value of technical excellence to non-technical teammates.
* You're a great listener, but are willing to speak up when you see something that needs to be fixed. You ask questions when something isn't clear.
* Experience in financial services or other regulated industries. In the absence of experience, passion will do!
* You've contributed to open source projects to scratch an itch instead of building solutions from the ground up.
* Love of immutable state.
* Love of idempotent operations.
Petal issues credit cards to people who do not have traditional credit history, students, and immigrants.