Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are growing rapidly and welcome all levels to apply!
Platform engineers are the backbone of the Engineering team. The team is responsible for building awesome systems and services that allow the rest of engineering to produce and deploy software that is scalable, reliable, secure, correct, consistent, and well tested. Scaling a complex system shared across multiple merchants, vendors and products is hard. Our consistency and security requirements make scaling harder. Challenges like this fascinate us and the Platform engineering team works with all of our Engineering teams to find simple, consistent, clean and scalable solutions that work across the entire engineering organization.
What You'll Do
* Build systems, services and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions
* Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences
* Build and scale our fast growing online services and offline data pipelines.
* Build systems which help us in efficient underwriting and fighting fraud.
* Work with product managers, tech leads and other engineers to build Affirm products.
* Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
* Experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
* Skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
* Python development experience is a plus.
* Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to OpenSource solutions than building solutions from ground up.
* Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
* Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
* You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
* Familiarity with Linux.
* Computer Science Degree with industry experience is required.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Affirm, Inc.
Affirm is a financial technology services company, offering installment loans to consumers at the point of sale.