Who we are:
UE.co is a place to explore potential and strengthen your skillset. We are a close-knit team of innovators, trail-blazers and collaborators striving to accomplish unified goals. Our tribe knows two heads are better than one, and actively teach one another knowing the value of teamwork. At UE, it's about each person bringing expertise and passion to a constantly evolving industry, while having fun doing so.
What we do:
UE Authority, co. is responsible for crafting technology solutions for the world's top insurance industries' consumer management needs. UE has been recognized as an Inc. Fastest Growing Company, and as San Diego Business Journal's Fastest Growing Company.
What were looking for:
* You have strong coding and analytical skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance needs, object oriented design and product quality in SaaS/Cloud Applications.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other engineers, product owners and designers to solve challenging problems and evaluate technical feasibility
* Ability to work independently but also able to communicate cross-functionally to seek out information when require
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
* You care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
* 1-3+ years of experience working in a modern web development environment and producing quality interface.
* Experience building both frontend and backend services, along with integration of its dependencies
* Strong understanding of Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, PHP
* Proficient in CSS, HTML5, JQuery, AngularJS, React, Node.js
* Ability to work with JS build/task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt and NPM run scripts
* Strong understanding of SQL databases, NoSQL, Queuing, and Caching systems as they relate to application integration
* Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony2 is a plus)
* Experience building scalable infrastructure software, distributed systems or microservices
* Development experience integrating, developing and maintaining REST APIs
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including S3, CloudFront, SQS, API Gateway and Lambda
* Thorough understanding of GIT
* Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development
* Flexibility in adapting to rapidly changing requirements
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent technical, analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
* BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
Why you want to work for us:
Together, we work hard and celebrate harder. Designated office dog days, participation in local sports leagues, and our in-house bar are just a few ways our team members are rewarded for their hard work. If youre a team player looking to grow your professional skills (and know a good joke or two), you'll fit right in.
Our perks and benefits are aimed to foster a culture of cooperation and teamwork, and to create an environment where employees love what they do. Thats why we offer all Ue.co employees:
The benefits youd expect...
* Medical, dental & vision coverage
* 401k matching
* Paid Time Off
And so much more...
* Professional Development Reimbursement
* Flexible work arrangements
* Gourmet coffee bar with nitro cold brew on tap
* Fully stocked bar with micro brew drafts
* Billiards and ping pong
* Pet-friendly office
ue.co is a tech enabled software and services company that builds cutting edge marketing software for financial companies.