Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world's first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Perception team at Waymo Seattle develops cutting-edge technologies and machine learning models to enable our self-driving cars to make sense of the world. This requires detection, recognition, tracking and understanding of all relevant objects in the surrounding of the vehicle. It is vital to perform these tasks precisely for safe navigation in complex traffic scenarios and such level of precision is only possible by relying on a diverse set of sensors including LIDARs, cameras and radars.
We are looking for researchers and software engineers in the Seattle area who are passionate about developing Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques for the perception systems on our self-driving cars, and have an incessant drive to improve the performance of our technology stack. You will be part of a creative team of engineers and researchers who solve similar challenging problems and help advance our state of the art perception system.
In this role you'll:
* Investigate and develop Computer Vision algorithms and ML models for the perception system.
* Work on deployment of these models on a large fleet of Waymo vehicles.
* Evaluate and understand the challenges that need to be tackled to have a safe and comfortable experience in our vehicles.
* B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
* Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning projects (2+ years).
* Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills.
* PhD or MsC in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics or a related field.
* Extensive experience in deep learning.
* Industry research or production experience.
At Waymo, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around.