Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we're growing by leaps and bounds!
But we're only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven't thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that's going to take a lot of figuring out. Let's figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our payment backend services and building new features to meet and exceed our user's needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
Payments Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer for Venmo Payments Engineering you will be involved in the design and development of Payments Backend Service. You will have the opportunity to work on one of the biggest payments platform that caters to 27.4 million monthly active users and estimated to have a transaction volume of 100 billion dollars in 2019. And we have a YoY growth rate of 70%. Given all these fun challenges, we are a fast-paced organization going through rapid growth that is solving technical challenges at exponential scale. As an organization, we have a strong culture of committing to goals and delivering on timelines.
We are looking for technologists with the highest levels of technical talent, programming, communication skills and a keen desire to deeply understand our product.
Things you'll do:
* Consult on, design, estimate and implement new and refactored software services on the platform to better facilitate money movements securely, reliably and at scale. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components
* Deliver high quality code on time and follow SDLC process
* Have an appetite to learn and contribute to complex projects alongside senior engineers
* Interact with various non-engineering teams such as product, support, finance operations and senior leadership
What we are looking for:
* 3+ yrs experience in all phases of enterprise software design, development and testing
* 3+ yrs experience Java, Python or equivalent high level programming language
* 1+ yrs experience with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) and messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ
* Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
* Being collaborative, willingness to learn and also share/teach the team
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.