At Blackbaud, we're here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer focused on Operations Solutions, you will be responsible for developing, engineering, configuring and automating enterprise level solutions to monitor our compute, network and storage devices in several datacenters and cloud environments. In addition, this role will engineer and support server build automation and patching. Within each of these responsibilities we need a person to drive and create automation and identify areas of improvement.
What you'll be doing:
* Establish, configure, manage and optimize applications and tools for monitoring management.
* Providing Tier 3 technical support for monitoring management services
* Developing event views, ad-hoc or scheduled reports and scripts to provide effective event resolution and situational awareness
* Maintaining the overall health, stability, and security of supported systems and environments with current standards
* Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies; pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
* Work with cross functional teams to engineer and support an automated server build and patching environment to ensure servers and infrastructure devices have the latest updates
* Contribute to the automation of stored procedures helping achieve consistent implementation & efficiency
What we'll want you to have:
* B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or 1-3 years of work experience or equivalent project experience required.
* Experience managing enterprise monitoring solution; System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Solarwinds, and/or CA UIM preferred
* Experience managing server automation tool and server patching tool; System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) preferred
* Experience creating or modifying scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required
* Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events
Why you'll want to come work here:
* Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
* Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
* We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
* We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.