We're seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join us as we define, prototype, and build web services and products for our customers and for our team. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and you'll lead the development of projects that define the future of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
* Build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
* Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
* Design and implement user-facing products and internal workflow tools
* Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
* Become a domain expert in real estate
We're looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* Deep understanding of front end technologies, HTTP, web services, databases and how they all fit together
* A sense of ownership for everything you ship
* Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
* Care for modular, performant and testable code
* Experience working with GIS Data
* A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
* You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.