Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
We're seeking an exceptional product-focused engineer to join our Buyer Experience Engineering team and build our React Native consumer facing mobile app as well as React web apps. You'll work closely with design, product managers, and research to define what we should build, create quick prototypes for testing with users, and build high quality web apps which empower our customers to own their moving process. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, owning their projects from start to finish, reaching tens of thousands of customers every month and growing quickly with the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Make user-facing products that will be useful to our customers
* Build web and mobile apps from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
* Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
* Design and implement user-facing products
* Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
* Become a domain expert in real estate
We're looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* Expert grasp of React and the concepts behind it
* Excitement about a high quality component library, developing with Storybook, and testing with Enzyme / Jest
* Expert knowledge of ES6, Redux, TypeScript, and CSS
* Passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies
* Care about building an app right - with attention to pixels, accessibility, and clean, well-tested code
* Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX
* Expertise in React Native or native development
* Prowess in best practices for accessibility and internationalization
* Love diving in and explaining Higher-Order Components or the intricacies of reconciliation to a new teammate
* You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.