Design, development, modification, and debugging of various j2 systems. Analyzes existing programs and implements new business logic. Devises logic procedures, performs coding and tests/debugs programs and assists in production deployments. Develops conversion/migration processes and systems implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and systems standards. Works with production support to analyze and fix data inconsistencies, business logic misinterpretations or code bugs in production environments.
Develops, codes, programs and debugs software application programs using designated programming languages and technologies. Conducts detailed and documented design, development and testing. Works closely with other members of engineering team to participate in software and systems design, contributes to problem solving discussions and ensures that the designs for projects are consistent with product architecture, quality and performance requirements. Work in an "Agile" development environment. Periodic off-hours production support required during rollouts.
Job Requirements and Experience:
* Over 5 years of experience with .Net / c# & MVC development
* Experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL and stored procedures is a big plus
* Knowledge of VoIP and SIP theory and concepts is a plus
* Code, test, install, integrate, and debug using appropriate tools or editors
* Good familiarity with "test driven development" (TDD) techniques is a big plus
* Familiarity with TFS and automated build & test processes is a big plus
* Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications in conjunction with end-user requirements or business needs
* Plan and implement usability tests throughout development lifecycle and analyze results
* Present and conduct reviews of designs with Product team, stakeholders, and other involved parties
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with both proprietary / internally-developed systems, as well as licensed systems
* Document design, testing, and requirements-gathering processes and procedures
* Must be able to perform in a dynamic fast paced multi-team environment
* Self-managed, but be able to follow direction with a positive attitude
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.